Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Easter... better late than never...

Greetings long lost bloggy friends! To appease Mr. Jon Pray and Tamsen Wright... here are some late Easter pictures with the necessary commentary.

Easter was great! Super relaxing! Saturday night mom and I end went to my church, Bridgeway's Easter service and Sunday morning we (and my sweet friend Aundria) had breakfast with Andrew, Amy and Noah then went to their church, Metro Calvary for an Easter service! After that Aundria and I had a great community nap time and ended up at Olive Garden with my mom and Grama for dinner... you know... where normal people eat Easter dinner. I'm pretty sure tradition is out the window til I have kids...


Of course... a family portrait :) How fab does Amy look?!

Frame worthy... that's for sure.


we're related. (maybe this commentary isn't all that necesary)


Here's the good stuff... sweet Noah snacking on the "treats" found on his Easter eggs



Easter had come up a few times in conversation with my girls... it spurred a sweet conversation over togo's about why we celebrate Easter and the subsequent conversation was about how cool Jesus is because He's the only one that can come back to life after He died! ... but then I had to explain how really... other people have come back to life... like the little girl, as Lazarus but didn't really come back to life on their own... Jesus made them come back... so really Jesus still is the only one who has the power over death. Brooke seemed a little disappointed that Jesus wasn't the only person that came back to life after He died but it was a necessary conversation none the less that they will hopefully remember :) ANY point being... the girls had NEVER dyed Easter eggs! What a shame... something had to be done. After a short trip to the grocery store and with paint shirts on... the dying games began. And of course... we bought the sparkle pack, complete with glitter paint to finish the eggs off!

3 comments:

Tamsen said...

So glad that half of this blog was dedicated to me. Praise the LORD! I've been waiting for soooo loooong.

Carly said...

a new post! i am speechless...

Jami Balmet said...

Oh my dear cousin! How is it that I didn't know you had a blog?!?

Well I'm reading it from now on :D And looking forward to it!!

Jami