Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Friday, January 23, 2009

a reluctant update

it's sad but true, I quit the cleanse.
I don't remember much about the night I decided to quit. Blame it on the lack of caloric support, perhaps I was distracted by my stomach yelling at me for drowning it in something its designed to reject. Maybe it was the 45 minute of self-induced torture that reminded me all too much of the bacterial infection we all suffered in Africa.
Here's how it went down...
After stopping by moms to pick up the salt I returned home and made the killer concoction. When I explain it to people now I realize I sound like an idiot and they repeat to me the ingredients like maybe I had made a mistake. 32 oz? You chug 32 oz after not eating all day? And you mix in salt? Just salt? 2 teaspoons of SALT?! Yes... yes you do, I reply. Supposedly quickly (but in my case after 2 excrushiating hours of abdominal pain) your body says "WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO TO ME?!" and rejects the wonderful "salt water flush". It rejects it... along with everything else it can take with it. Insert flushing of toxins here. "The master cleanse, rid your body of harmful toxins" sounds much more appealing.
My appologies to Mark, whom I cursed on the phone after attempting to sleep off the abdominal pain. I think I remember him saying, "don't be ashamed if you have to quit, Amanda" and "you chugged 32 oz of salt water 2 hours ago and NOTHING has happened?!?!?!" ... quickly... and I mean quickly there after it began working. all too well. Secondly I'd like to appologize to my dear sweet roommate who heard the toilet flush far too many times in 45 minutes, I'm sure she would have liked to sleep peacfully but for some reason I thought ridding my bowels of TOXINS was a better idea. I think I yelled at Mark (again, sorry Mark) "I'm NOT doing this again!" "I can not eat but I am NOT putting myself in this much pain for this long EVERY NIGHT FOR 8 MORE DAYS!" Then I realized with the salt water flush a non-option the "flushing" part of the cleanse would be left to the tea. The all too unreliable tea. I spend WAY too much time in car to be drinking a tea at least twice a day that sometimes will attack it's victim right away... but sometimes not for hours.
I like to think that my ugly fight with the African bacteria in Malawi did enough cleansing for me. If not,
I am and will forever more be... Amanda Raelynn Piercy, a toxin carrier.
It's a symbiotic relationship really. They get a nice, cozy, warm place to live and I get to maintain my sanity and not hate my life.

On a lighter note, I got into a car accident Wednesday driving home from work. I'm tired of talking about it so here's the short of it: Driving home from work, new Folsom bridge, minding my own bussiness, BAM *insert creepy daunting noise coming from my car here*, "I think I just got into a car accident. Oh crap. Oh crap". I was the front car (didn't rear end anyone else) in a four car "pile up". All is as well as can be expected. I'm fine. Slight neck pain, headache, tense muscles, the usual. Rumor is it was cause by a sudden lane change. Obviously, not my fault, thankfully. Anyway... here were are. My insurance lady, Alexis, has been great. As has my ex-claim adjuster sister-in-law-extrordinaire Amy. I'm driving moms car and hopefully soon a rental while we wait for the police report to finish settling the whole thing (according to my CHP boss it can take Folsom PD like a month. Yay.) It's possible my cars totalled. Yay. I'll keep my precious blog stalkers up to do. Fear Not.
The Lord is good to meeeeeee *singing* and so I thank the LORD... for giving me the things I need the sun the rain and the apple seed... The LORD is good to me... (pardon the musical interlude.
Until I hear about my car, or I decide to torture my body again...

7 comments:

Carly said...

LOL! not at your suffering, but seriously these posts are hilarious. just like kate said - entertaining, but i would say even more interesting than an actual reality TV show :)

sorry about your car. way to go on being the only one involoved who maintained a safe following/stopped distance. hope your cute red car is not totalled! i remember when you got it!

i have always wondered if i would want to do one of those flushes... now i would say maybe not. the thought of you cursing your friend mark on the phone cracks me up!

Amanda said...

im glad you enjoyed the read... that makes it all worth it... kind of...
miss you! can we hang out? ... do i have to bribe you with cool river again? ;)
love you

Kate-y said...

Mega ditto, Carly! Man, your posts have been HILARIOUS. Seriously. But your suffering has not been so hilarious. I'm glad you're not slowly killing yourself anymore and that you were the safe one in the pile-up!
love you :)

Tamsen said...

Um, we haven't gotten an update on your poor little car! Is she okay?

Carly said...

update please... have your bowels recovered? i always take bribes, but i would love to hang out with you no matter what. i can bribe you this time... chocolate chip cookies?

Carly said...

ah-hem. more posts please!

Katy Poole said...

Man P. I occasionally stalk you via my sister's blog.... I am hoping your bowels have not fallen out. And now I am emotionally invested in said red car... I had considered a cleanse of some kind, but now it is thoroughly out of the question. You'd better update before I commence facebook stalking. :)