Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Monday, January 19, 2009

a blog not for the faint of heart...

hello to my few and far between blog buddies!
For the next 10 days I will be blogging about my experiences doing the master cleanse. It's a juice fast designed to detoxify your body. It's gross. I've read lots of people's blogs about their cleanse experiences and they inspire me to do it! Maybe mine will inspire you to detox... maybe it will just gross you out (sorry). So here's your warning... my blogs for the next 10 days or so (if I make it) will be about hunger and bodily functions :)
I going to call my good friend Mark for some inspiration, he's done in a few times and then Im off to pick up my moms electric juicer thing and then the grocery store!
I'll blog more about the specifics of all of this but it's already 7... I still need to hit up moms and the store AND drink my first round "smooth move", my laxitive tea. woo woo! and then have time to let it work before bed ;)
Feel free to comment! I can use the encouragment... I only lasted a day last time I tried it!
*UPDATE*
Im home. Sipping my Smooth Move tea. It's not gross but not yummy. Maybe I'll grow to like it. At Raleys they had a chocolate smooth move tea. Probably not ideal but I thought it might be worth a try- I might be desperate for a treat soon! They had everything I needed but the maple syrup- I'll have to pick it up tomorrow at the Nugget while my girls are at school.
I'm starting with my tea tonight. I'll drink it every evening and hopefully not need to do the sea salt guzzles in the mornings. Once my girls are in school I have a few hours to myself in the mornings, that's when I'll make my lemonade for the day. I'll squeeze about 10 lemons a day if I can stomach as much lemonade as I'm supposed to every day (60-100 oz). Anyone have a lemon tree?! This is going to be like $10 a day in lemons haha.
There are supposed to be lots of benifits from this cleanse... here are some of the ones I'm looking forward to...
*a cleansed system (free of toxins and build up thats supposedly stuck in our innards thanks to our fab processed diets)
*clearer, brighter skin
*increased energy
*feeling better (they say you didn't even realize you didn't feel that great to begin with)
*sometimes you can lose a few pounds, but not my motivating factor (sometimes visably, sometimes of crap from your innards)
Day 4 will be my hardest day... check back for updates!

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

I look forward to hearing about your bodliy functions. Also, my parents have a lemon tree. Feel free to hop the fence and enjoy a few.