Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strengths... found!

One of our homework assignments from last week's Africa meeting was to take the Gallop's Strength Finders Test. Drum roll please... here are the results...

1. Woo "Winning others over"
I love meeting new people, finding common ground and engaging in conversation. As the book defines this strength, "There are new people to meet, new rooms to work, new crowds to mingle in. In your world there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet- lots of them." Can I get an amen?


2. Strategic
This one means that I like to make sense out of confusion. I like to take chaos, create a strategy and go for it. "Select and Strike" as the book calls it.


3. Beleif
Apparently I have core beleifs that are "eduring". These beleifs make me family-oriented, altruistic, responsible and mean I hold high ethics. My work must mesh with my values and it must be meaningful and matter to me. hm... looks like I'm in the right field!


4. Arranger
I am a multi-tasker and a conductor. I "jump into the confusion, devising new options, hunting for new paths of least resistance, and figuring out new partnerships- becuase, after all, there might just be a better way". Sounds like it compliments strategic well.


5. Communication
My "word pictures pique people's interest, sharpen their world, and inspire them to act" eep. big shoes to fill, huh? It means I love public speaking, hosting, explaining and describing. accurate.




And my friends... as promised... a picture of the team! It's not a good picture but at least my camera took the picture before one of it's spasms.
Left to right- back row: Dan, Kelsey, me, Mawi, Kelly, Jeremiah
Left to right- front row: Angie and Ruby

5 comments:

Dan said...

ummm, your strengths are totally rad! and so you! the pic isn't that bad though, we still look like a great team! Thanks for everything man p, you're the best! oh and thanks for the shout out on your page... i wonder if i can do that on mine...

Kate-y said...

I love your face! Can we be better friends after we both get back to the States (Lord willing...I wouldn't mind dying in PNG)? Are you going home between graduation and Africa?

Kate-y said...

Man! I'm gone in June! I'll be in PNG already. But I'll pass the memo on to the little ones for sure. I'm sure they would love to be there. At your mom's?

Kate-y said...

How about I just call you and we have a REAL friends conversation (but not a fruitless one, of course)!! Well, I leave LA on May 12 and then leave Sac to come back to LA on May 19. Then I take off from LA to PNG on May 20. That's all!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just took that this week! Our only common strength is belief. Hooray for belief!