Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Coming Home!!

This is it! Goodbye Malawi. This day snuck up on me while at the same time I thought it would never come. Safari was AMAZING! I took some video and my friends got great pictures! We saw everything from lions to baboons! We saw a leopard hunting, lions eating a kill, hippos, elephants, birds and heard hyenas laughing. It was a blast! The food was good and a welcome change. I woke up one morning to the sound of an elephant trumpeting outside my window. We would sit and have lemonade as we watched hippos float in the river right next to our lodge. How awesome is Gods creation! We got in some much needed afternoon naps and enjoyed the time together on the drives. We just finished debriefing which is a much needed but boring process. There is a lot of introspection which is much too introverted for me. We discuss our experiences, process things and prepare for "reemmersion" back into our native culture. They say we've been here long enough that going back home will be just as hard and overwhelming as coming to Malawi was in the first place… we'll see! I can't wait to be home!
We just had lunch (pizza in town… yummm) with George and Chimwemwe from Flood Malawi! What a blessing! They are such amazing men of the Lord! They are hospitable, welcoming, wise, fun, faithful and encouraging. I feel so blessed to have spent time with them here! Working with Flood Malawi has been one of the highlights of my summer! I love hearing their passion for their own nation and people! Their vision for Flood Malawi is thrilling and encouraging. I am so stoked to see how God blesses that ministry. I have full confidence in the church here.
I have loved my time here, learned important lessons, met amazing people and have been challenged in new ways. I don't know where God will take me after this place… which is exciting and anxiety provoking but I trust in His plan! Thank you for helping me get here- I am sure it was Gods will for me. I can't wait to see you all and if you would like to hear to tell you about my time in Malawi. I love you guys! Keep us in your prayers as we travel home… you are in mine!

No comments: