Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pictures... finally!

Here we are! Better late than never, right?!

This is me holding baby Grace and sitting with Beatrice (Grace's big sister) and her friend. I took Grace from Beatrice's back so she could go play net ball with the other girls. She was stoked and her team even won! This was a typical afternoon for our team (only for the first half of the summer for me). We would go into the outer villages with our kids to run little mini day camps for the kids.

This is the feeding program... actually just the kids washing their hands... in Mtsiliza. I spent most of my summer in this village working with the widows, doing evangelism and working on sponsorship. There are almost 400 kids receiving aid in this village.

Gift is the son of one of the widows. He would spend the mornings with us bouncing from lap to lap. He's a precious one... well they all are. Ruby took a picture because Gift and I matched that day... green and green...

Flood interns doing what we do best at the lake. We had a midsummer retreat at Lake Malawi where we recharged, spent time with the Lord on the beach, snorkled and just relaxed! Oh! And we toured a crocodile farm and saw the fish aqaurium- 85% of the worlds aquarium fish come from Lake Malawi! fun fact.

We're not supposed to have favorites. If I happened to have favorite this little spitfire, Thoko would be at the top of my list :) As we found out at the end of our time in Malawi is one of the widows kids. He is super crazy, energetic and has a hard time following directions (which is an ever bigger deal in Africa than in the US). We spent the summer loving on this boy like crazy and saw a huge change in his behavior! He spent hours on our laps just cuddling and playing little games like how dirty can I get Amandas sunglasses.

Okay... Im having problems adding pictures now so Im going to stop. Ill try to add more later... if you want I have more up on my myspace and facebook.

No comments: