Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

the countdown begins!

Yesterday was spent entirely on preparing 6 50lb boxes full of supplies for our team to take over to Malawi! It was crazy but a good day spent with my teammate Dan and really helped me feel the reality of the trip!
We leave San Diego about 3pm on friday and our plane leaves from LA to London at 9pm! My roommate and good friend's mom is here right now and she helped me roll my clothes last night for packing. Im so stoked to see what God is going to do in Malawi but at the same time totally overwhelmed by it! He IS good and that's the bottom line so we'll see what comes!
Amy (my sister in law) got back from Sierra Leone, Africa on saturday. She posted all her pictures online! I looked at every one and they got me all excited to go! My way is fully paid (thank you a million times to you guys who sacrificed to make this happen!) our house is secure for when I return and I have all of you guys, a great team and our HUGE God on my side! What else could a girl traveling across the world ask for?!
When I arrive safely in Malawi (possibly before) I will be able to make one phone call. I will call my mom who will call my brother who will post on this blog for me. He will be my contact for the rest of my trip. I will email him and he will post the email on here for all of you to read! This is the way COTN wants us to communicate with home. Please continue checking and lifting us up in prayer!
Here are some things on my prayer list...
Safe travel and ease with customs and what not (we'd like to keep all of our bags and supplies)
That our hearts would be prepared for what is to come
For the hearts of the people we will encounter in Malawi- that they will be soft and drawn to God's heart
Physical safety and healthy bodies
For you guys and my family (general safety, health and well being but that my family especially doesn't feel anxious but can trust fully in the Lord's provisions... easier said than done, yea?)
Thanks again for all your love, support, and prayers! They are very precious to me! It makes it a million times easier to go knowing I have so many people praying for me here!

No comments: