Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

Last weekend was my party! So fun! What a blessing to have so many people that love me and support me! It was a blast seeing everyone- I wish I could have spent more time talking with each of you! Thanks for coming and for helping with the last bit I need to raise! I'm only a few hundred dollars short now! Score! Here are some pictures from the party...
Paul, Chrissy, April and Laura chatting in the sun room.

These are my beloved Battenfields +1 -2. Josh and Julie we missed you! I have LOVED watching the Batts grow... ew... I sound old... but it's true! Josh and Ben are taller than me and quite the gentlemen (but mostly cool). Abby (blue suit) got old instantly with her deceiving bangs and I think might be more mature than me. I didn't think it was possible but Anna (pink suit) is getting sweeter and more gentle as she grows up. Ellie (purple) is as pure, transparently beautiful and just as fun as ever! Scott and Julie thanks for being great models of a Christ-like family and for treating me as one of your own. I love you guys!

My cousin Julia stayed for most of the party and for a while after! So good! I miss her like crazy when I'm in SD and can't wait to spend time with her! She's such an encouragement and just so much fun! Love you J!

As my sister in law Amy is in Sierra Leone, Africa with COTN I get to be in Sac with my brother and nephew! We're missing Amy a lot but I'm loving the time with Noah and Andrew! It's been a slow week- what a change! It's nice to just relax, nap with Noah and visit with nor cal friends and family.
This is Noahs response when you ask him, "How big is Noah?" After he puts his arms up every adult in the room squeels, "SO BIG!" and claps. It's more like Noahs trick to get the adults to look silly...
He's just cute. It's hard to get a picture of him without a finger in the way. He likes to poke the camera.

Here's a praise! Brittni, Kara, Sarah and I have a house for next year in San Diego! It's perfect for us! It's in our price range, a bike ride from Mission Bay, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, practically brand new, has a spa and is just beautiful! Some friends in San Diego will move us into the house in mid July while I'm in Malawi. I'm stoked that I'll a place to come home to when I return from Africa! Here's the house!

Speaking of Africa... our departure date- June 22nd (I checked) is fast approaching! We're getting final emails and wrapping up lose ends! Crazy! I'm starting to freak out a little considering what it would be like if I died there or decided I never wanted to come back to the states but I every day I'm feeling more ready to go. I think by the time we leave I'll be more than ready and antsy. I have no idea what to expect but I can't wait to embrace what God has in store for me, my teammates, and the nationals.

After Noah wakes up we're going on a La Bou run. I miss La Bou. Thanks everyone for reading this! I really doubted that people did but you all told me you did at the party! Woo!

Remember this is where I will post in Africa so check here for updates! I can start posting two weeks after I arrive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting Cuz! I'm bummed Bonnie and I couldn't make it to the party.
May the Lord go before you in all your remaining preparations and greatly grow your trust in Him as you go!