Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

$641.46

This morning I felt motivated to check the mail even though checks have stopped coming in and a still have quite a bit of money to raise. In the mail I found a random check from the county (what seems to be a pay check) from last month. weird. How did I survive on my tight college kid budget while not picking up a pay check? The check is for $640 something dollars- more than a regular check because that pay period was Spring Break! The $20 bill is from one of my favorite coworkers whose husband got laid off. He is still looking for work, have two kids and they still managed to give. What selflessness! Miss Emily- thanks for being such a rad example of a giving heart! Mr. County pay man... thanks for mailing me a check that should have just sat in the Polinsky safe until I realized I was missing a paycheck!





This is my crazy room. I'm totally ashamed of it but it fully describes my life right now. Dawn (our roommate that owns our condo) is putting it up on the market. For every day this last week we have had to move in and out of our room and move our furniture around so she could have new floorboards and carpet installed- chaos. I've been dealing with that on top working 8 consecutive 10 hr shifts. LOVE IT! Craziness but Sarah (my roommate/best friend) has been amazing doing all the grunt work while I'm at work. Thanks Sar!




Speaking of how precious Sarah is- i found this note and these movies on my computer after work tonight! She rented some movies for us to watch together! I love her. I also enjoy that right now as I'm writing this blog Sarah peeked out the window (at 11:15pm) and said, "hi stan!" apparently she named the critter (raccoon or whatever) that lives outside our window. That's why we're friends.



Last but not least here is my Africa bag! I'm beginning to pack! Mom took me shopping last weekend and we got almost all my clothes and the stuff I need at Walmart! Moms are the best! I have a huge stash of snacks, all the toiletries and fun things medicines I'll hopefully never use! So fun! It's for real! I'm going to Africa!

I'm off to watch the movie with Sarah! Love you guys!

No comments: