Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

mostly pictures

Tonight I scheduled my last hours working at Polinsky before I leave for Africa. It was exciting but actually pretty sad. I've loved working there. I'm applying for permanent positions there and a social worker position for when I get back. Pray that it all goes smoothly would be GREAT!
My supervisor Miss Edma gave me lots of pointers about applying and the whole county process is general. It was super helpful and so encouraging to know that she's doing her best to help me get hired. She's an awesome supervisor and is totally supportive of my trip! She even sponsored me! Two of my other coworkers have too and they were actually insulted they didn't get their letters sooner. Polinsky has been such a blessing! People ask me about africa every day I'm at work. Residents and staff. I love being able to share the little I know about what's going on there. Half the battle is awareness. Plus (actually not plus... the most exciting thing) is it gives me an opportunity to share about how God lead me there! I get to tell them that I'm not just going to do a good thing but because God loves the people of africa! Don't you love when God comes up in every day conversation. It's like He's totally relevant or something! LOVE IT!

Here are some pictures from Bryan house warming party (he bought it... in san diego... nuts) and our last growth group dinner!


Me, Britt, Dan (africa friend) and bryan... not sure why this was funny... we're ninjas.

Here are Kendra Stacey and I at BJ's for our last dinner. Each of us made one of these to kind of wrap up what God has been teaching us this year. They turned out crazy creative and were a lot of fun to make. It was awesome to listen to each girl describe how they saw God in their lives all year.

Me, Erica, Jill and creepy Kendra outside BJ's waiting for our table.

This the whole group! erica, edge, me, sarah, nsh ("nicole" or whatever her parents named her), jaime, jill, kendra, stacy and sarah in neither row. this is the only picture of all of us we have. these girls have been so encouraging! I've loved being stretched and challenged by them! They are awesome women of the Lord and I'm so stoked to see how they continue to grow!

Brittni and I have been practicing making mean faces since we went to the haunted trail at balboa park. curt showed us up without even trying. dang.

1 comment:

Bob Piercy said...

That's the best mean face I've seen from you yet Sis! Nice work!