Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

party anyone? hair cut? death by otter pop?

In case you haven't heard from the million other ways I've been trying to get the word out...
I'm having a graduation/africa party! Here's the info...
Saturday June 2nd
Open House 11-4pm
We will be BBQing and swimming (among other exciting things)
It's at my moms house (that's in Sac San Diego kids)
6800 Lonicera dr.
Orangevale, Ca. 95662
R.S.V.P. to my mommy (Nancy) or the grama (myrtle) at 916 721 8035
... but let's be honest if you don't r.s.v.p. it's no big deal just don't eat ;)
Come! I'd love to see you all! Some of my wonderful Growth Group girls are coming from the bay area, old friends, old Bible study leaders (can't wait to see you Amy!), family... it's gonna be insane!

On to more pressing news... i got my hairs cut (yes dad, all of them). i know... thrilling.

These are some pictures from our last community group :( We just hung out and ate otter pops and cookie dough. Everyone wrote in rad journals that Kelly made us and then prayed for us. It was an awesome time to see everyone before they all leave for the summer (um... sad). I've been so encouraged and blessed by being a part of this college ministry. I've learned the meaning of community like never before! This group is seriously my little (or 65 member) San Diego family. Without further blabbing here are the pictures...
This is Jill, me, Erica and EJ at community group "africa night". They are some of my "babies" as we've dubbed them. That means they're in my growth group I lead- they call me momma. sometimes momma man p. I love em. Erica will spend the summer in Chicago doing urban missions and EJ will be in Costa Rica on summer project! They make a momma proud. We had a fantastic end of the year dinner tonight... pictures to come.


I just like this picture of me and EJ "edge"... mostly i like the otter pop. mmm. blue.

Here we have Matt, Brittni, Jeremiah, Mark, Justin, me and Kelly in the front. This is the our community group leadership team. "The Fam" as we affectionately refer to ourselves. Brittni is one of my best friends down here and a future rommie. Mark is... well... they're all great friends and Jeremiah will sit next to me on a plane for 36 hours. Yes ladies and gentlemen... we're going to africa together... again, thank you uncle roger for the mp3 player!

This is my journal! Love it!
Kelly brought us (J-my, Dave who is going to uganda for 3 weeks and me) up to talk about our trips. This is a regular face of Jeremiahs and I was choking on my otter pop (the second or third one... i lost count) promise I wasn't moved to tears although that is not unusual for me.
Brittni voted the seniors (brittni me and mark) make a wow face. mark didn't get it at first and i had problems not laughing.
Last thing I have to say is I'm about $900-1,000 away from my goal still. I'm still praying God will provide like He has in CRAZY ways already!
I love you guys!

No comments: