Welcome to Amanda's Blog!

Monday, May 7, 2007

I've never seen a U-haul behind a hearse

Last night at Flood Matt gave a sweet sermon called "Turn or Burn: Is Hell Real?" *hint: blog title* We're in a series called (Know) Doubt. We've been tackling intense issues that are important but rarely talked about it the church. If you're interested check out the mp3s on our website!
The message titles are...
"Buddha to Jesus: Aren't All Religions the Same?"
"Good God!: Does God Cause Pain?"
"Fact or Fiction: Can I Trust the Bible?"
and in a few weeks we have, "Wars and Women: Is Christianity Oppressive?"
"Straight and Narrow: Is Jesus the Only Way?"
I love it! I can't wait! I have really enjoyed the message series... just wanted to share! What hit me most last night was when Matt was explaining how Hell is an example of God's love for us. Sounds weird, right? Some people say if God was such a loving God He would make everyone go to heaven. But here's Matt question... how much does love mean if there's no cost? If God paid no price for us to spend eternity with Him then cool, whatever, everything is hunky dory. BUT! I love this part! He didn't! He paid hell for us! How do you know love it true? When it has been tested and proved true. God paid Hell for us because He longs for us to be with Him that much! Love it! Fear of fire doesn't bring about the kind of heart change that God's all about- experiencing His immense love does! I want to be a person moved by His love!

Woo... I get all excited thinking about that but I'll try to calm down and give you an update...
We had an Africa meeting last night. We talked about our strengths and reviewed a couple devotionals about servant hood. Next week we're washing each others feet- intense servant hood! I'm stoked! I've never done it before! (I give lots of baths at work but this is quite different)
Checks have pretty much stopped coming in and I still need a little over $1,000. That's not a lot compared to what I've been blessed with already but daunting considering how much I have in my bank account. Provisions will come! He's been faithful so far!
That's about all for now... I'm going to go do a little work on my huge 590 paper (a research paper on autism and sensory integration... sounds like a blast huh?) before I have lunch shop for a graduation dress with maile... ill let you know how things turn out ;)

No comments: